Special price booking until 11 de September!message
At the end of the world
A dream come true. Be able to just go and admire the breathtaking scenery of the southern mountain range will always be considered a high-end gift. In this case, a course of snow and ice, rarely seen. 5 days intensive training for those wishing to learn more on basic and important tools to function in field of all types of snow, glaciers, ice falls, mixed terrain and more. Course includes 4 nights of camping in fueguino mixed forest, crossing frozen lakes, work on frozen canals, approach and work with snowshoes, crampons, ice axes technic and backcountry, ropes, stakes, ice screws, crevasse rescue, climbing waterfalls, semi-technical climbs, rappel and steep drops, etc.. Course taught by professional instructors and guides.
5 days Contents:
- Special care in winter: cold, sun, wind, feeding-hydration. Living in the snow
- Snow: types, consistency, metamorphosis. Avalanches.
- Snowshoes: uses march
- Winter Camp: armedgeneral considerations
- First Steps: Open footprint, slopes, ascent, descents and self-arrest
- Personal equipment, uses and characteristics: Pole, Ice Axe, Ice ax, crampons
- Safety equipment, uses and characteristics: Anchors, stakes, screws, nails.
- Security Chordee: Assemble, roped glacier.
- Snow and ice climbing: Runners, waterfalls (piolet traction). mixed Climbing
Additional: For those who are encouraged, after the course, we propose an ascent of Mount Alvear, one of the emblematic peaks in the region and one of the highest hills in this part of the range. The ascent is semi-technical and requires the use of almost all views in the course techniques. It is also open to people with experience in snow and ice terrain. Be held in the two days after the course. Check budget (extra discount to those who take the course).
Travel-Aerial: The best way is to fly at least the day before the course starts. minimum return on the following Sunday (especially for those who want to join the ascent to Alvear). There are passages resident rate of Buenos Aires and surrounding promotional rate. Check.
-Transfers to and from Ushuaia
-Permanent instruction, tour.
-General Equipment: ropes, technical material group
-Communication: VHF Radio
-First aid kit and first responders
-The whole course and its contents, the five days continued. Request details-program.
-Counseling previous in meetings, multimedia and others.
-Personal Accident Insurance
-Travel to Ushuaia
-Meals. We will organize in groups, as with the tents, cooking equipment. consult