Special price booking until 09 de October!message
One of the ten most fascinating trekking in Argentina
It is one of the most attractive expeditions Northwest Argentina has to offer. Deep experience with nature and a millenary route, traveling ancient roads that becomes magical while you walk them, landscapes of deep ravines, valleys and small pampas. It will transform from the intense green of the jungles to the bare landscape of the high mountains. Along the road, condors will be seen furrowing the skies, flocks of guanacos and vicuñas.
It starts from the Yungas Biosphere Reserve, a jungle environment with a high biodiversity value, crossing different jungle biotypes, until reaching high grasslands, ascending the high mountains that separate the jungles of the Puna. In this adventure you will visit the towns of San Francisco, San Lucas, and you will arrive at the camping area known as the Abra El Potrero. Then the ascent continues to Molulo and beyond over the Yuto Pampa summits from where it leaves to the highest point of the route, at 4010 meters above sea level. Then we descend to the Quebrada de Humahuaca, arriving at Tilcara which marks the end of the crossing
What we present here is the planned route for the journey. Please be advised that exact route, duration of each stage of the travel and alternative routes can be modified subject to various factors such as weather conditions and group assessment by the guide.
Day 1: Salta - San Francisco: Transfer from the Salta city. Departure 9 am approx. Arrival in San Francisco, guides presentation and team preparation. Night at Hosteria de Montaña.
Day 2: Peña Alta - San Lucas: Beginning of Trekking in Peña Alta 1250masl, San Francisco. Overnight in San Lucas 1850masl. Mountain Camp-Shelter next to the Villagers.
Day 3: San Lucas - Abra del Potrero: Beginning of Trekking in San Lucas 1850masl, San Francisco. Overnight in Abra del Potrero 2550 masl
Day 4: Abra del Potrero - Molulo: Trekking - We start at Abra del Potrero 2550 masl. Overnight in Molulo 2900msnm - Camp - Mountain Shelter next to the settlers.
Day 5: Molulo - Huairahuasi - Yuto Pampa: Trekking - We start at Molulo 2900 masl. Overnight in Huairahuasi 3100 masl - Yuto Pampa Camp.
Day 6: Yuto Pampa - Tilcara: Trekking - We start in Yuto Pampa. From Yuto Pampa 3100m to Tilcara 2600m. Overnight stay in Tilcara in hostel or cabins.
Day 7: . Breakfast, End of our Services
- Transport from Salta to San Francisco y Peña Alta (trekking start point)
- Full board, not a la carte menu, from dinner on Day 1 to breakfast on Day 7. (4 meals a day: breakfast. Lunch, snack and dinner.)It does not includ dinner in Tilcara
- 1 night accommodation in Hostel in San Francisco (shared rooms)
- 1 night accommodation in Hostel or Hostel in Tilcara (shared rooms)
- 4 nights Camp and mountain shelter
- Portage with mules of the general equipment (tents, food, kitchen equipment, etc.) and individual (up to 7 kg. Per person).
- Backup Horse
- Camp Generals logistics (pots, heaters, safety features, orientation).
- Guides and coordination group.
- Satellite communication for emergencies
- Transfers Buenos Aires - Salta / Tilcara - Buenos Aires
- Meals while traveling by bus.
- Rental of personal equipment (backpack, sleeping bag, etc..).
- Tilcara´s Dinner
- Health insurance.
- Eventual expenses caused by quiting the program
- Guide´s & Baqueanos tips