Start Date :
Initial time :
7 days + trip
battery_charging_full8 available spots
Advance Purchase Price:
Special price booking until 09 de September!message
One of the most fascinating treks in Argentina
It is one of the most attractive expeditions offered by northwestern Argentina. A deep experience with nature and a millenary journey, traveling ancient original paths that become magical as they are traveled, landscapes of deep ravines, valleys and small pampas. They will go from the intense green of the jungles to the bare landscape of the high mountains. During the march, condors will be seen soaring through the skies, herds of guanacos and vicuñas.
It starts from the Yungas Biosphere Reserve, a jungle environment with a high value in biodiversity, crossing different jungle biotypes, until reaching the high grasslands, ascending the high mountains that separate the jungles from the Puna. In this adventure we visit the towns of San Francisco, San Lucas, and arrive at the camping area known as Abra El Potrero. Then the ascent continues to Molulo and beyond over the Yuto Pampa summits from where it starts to the highest point of the route, at 4010 masl. Then it descends to the Quebrada de Humahuaca, arriving at Tilcara which marks the end of the crossing.
Dates Season 2022:
- April 18th
- June 13th
- August 15th
- September 19th
- October 17th
Previous day (0): We recommend spending the night before the trek starts in Salta City.
Day 1: Salta - San Francisco: Transfer from the city of Salta. Departure 9 am approx. Arrival in San Francisco, presentation of the Guides and preparation of equipment. Night at a mountain lodge/hostel.
Day 2: Peña Alta - San Lucas: Beginning of the Trek in Peña Alta 1250 masl, San Francisco. Overnight in San Lucas 1850 masl. Mountain Camp-Shelter next to the Settlers.
- Positive slope: 800 mtrs.
- Duration: from 5 to 7 hours.
- Distance: 17 km.
- Maximum height: 1850 masl.
Day 3: San Lucas - Abra del Potrero: Beginning of the Trekking in San Lucas 1250msnm, San Francisco. Overnight in Abra del Potrero 2550 masl.
- Positive slope: 700 mtrs.
- Duration: from 6 to 7 hours.
- Distance: 11 km.
- Maximum height: 2550 masl.
Day 4: Abra del Potrero - Molulo: Trekking - We start at Abra del Potrero 2550 masl. Overnight in Molulo 2900 masl - Camp - Mountain Refuge with the settlers.
- Positive slope: 300 mtrs.
- Duration: 5 to 6 hours.
- Distance: 10 km.
- Maximum height: 2990 masl.
Day 5: Molulo - Huairahuasi - Yuto Pampa: Trekking - We start in Molulo 2900 masl. Overnight in Huairahuasi 3100 masl - Yuto Pampa Camp.
- Positive slope: 350 mtrs.
- Duration: from 6 to 8 hours.
- Distance: 15 km.
- Maximum height: 3410 masl.
Day 6: Yuto Pampa - Tilcara: Trekking - We start in Yuto Pampa. From Yuto Pampa 3100 masl to Tilcara 2450 masl. Final night in Tilcara in a hostel or cabins.
- Negative slope: 650 mtrs.
- Duration: from 8 to 10 hours.
- Distance: 20 km.
- Maximum height: 4050 masl.
Day 7: Tilcara: Breakfast at the lodge. End of our services.
- Transfer from Salta city to San Francisco and Peña Alta (start of the trek).
- Full board in the mountains (from lunch on Day 1 to lunch on Day 7). Does not include dinner in Tilcara
- One night of accommodation in a hostel (Tilcara), shared rooms.
- One night of accommodation in a hostel in San Francisco, shared rooms.
- Four nights of accommodation in camp or mountain posts.
- Porterage with mules of the general equipment (tents, food, kitchen equipment, etc.) and individual (up to 7 kg. per person).
- Horse "ambulance", saddler
- Guided and permanent coordination throughout the journey.
- General camping logistics (pots, heaters, safety items, orientation)
- Advice and permanent assistance.
- Satellite communication for emergencies.
speaker_notes_offServices NOT included:
- Travel to the meeting point and finish.
- Transfer from Tilcara to Salta (at the end)
- Dinner in Tilcara
- Expenses caused by possible abandonment of the program